- Import Solutions
- Export Solutions
- Custom Brokerage
- Supply Chain Solutions
- Cement and Clinker
- Building Construction
- Trade with Iran
- Shipping to Iran
Mideast Rail Services – A Reliable and Economical Choice
When freight costs are more important than the fastest transit time, shippers look to the efficiency of shipping by rail rather than road transportation. If you haven’t considered rail transport to and from Iran before, consider these estimations:
- Shipping by rail is up to 4 times more fuel efficient than shipping by road transport.
- The capacity of rail rolling stock is more than 3 times the capacity of road trailers. In other words, you can ship approximately the equivalent of 100 full truck loads in only 32 rail cars.
Based on these statistics, you can imagine the cost savings available when the cargo is not necessarily time-sensitive. Keeping in mind that the transit time of rail transport is only marginally longer than road transport, shippers can realize economic savings while still meeting their customer’s delivery requirements.
Consider the Rail Freight Advantages
The primary rail carrier, Trans-Asian Rail, offers many options for shippers and receivers in Iran. As a member of the United Nations, ESCAP (Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific), they now maintain nearly 120,000 km of rail lines serving 28 UN members.
Rail hubs from Iran accommodate export cargo destined for all CIS countries as well as neighbouring Middle Eastern countries. Conversely, inbound cargo from the same countries as well as Turkey can be served for import cargo. While rail transits are longer than traditional road service, consider the following:
- Complete availability of all types of rail equipment including closed, flat and tanker cars.
- Significant cost savings through Tehran nasim Transportation’s volume buying power.
- Full rail and part car shipments.
- Network coverage that reaches all large population centres within Asia and Europe.
- Lowest transportation risk ensuring safe arrival of cargo.
Transit Times from Bandar Abbas
The list below indicates approximate transit times to all relevant hubs for your consideration.
Bandar Abbas to Turkmenistan: Ashgabat, Mary, Charjew
Time for delivery: 10 to 15 days
Bandar Abbas to Uzbekistan: Tashkent, Samarqand, Bukhara
Time for delivery: 17 to 25 days
Bandar Abbas to Tajikistan: Khujand, Dushanbe
Time for delivery 22 to 27 days
Bandar Abbas to Kyrgyzstan: Osh , Bishkek
Time for delivery 25 to 30 days
Bandar Abbas to Kazakhstan: Almaty , Astana
Time for delivery 25 to 32 days
Bandar Abbas to Heiratan/Afghanistan:
Time for delivery: 17 to 20 days
Bandar Abbas to Turqandi/Afghanistan:
Time for delivery: 13 to 17 days
If you are interested in saving freight costs for non-urgent shipments, please fill in our contact form.
our contact form.
The White Rose Group looks forward to hearing from you.